Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from a new flip clock fan [NA]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from a new flip clock fan [NA]

Hello everyone, I’m a brand new enthusiast to the flip clock world! I actually had an old GE flip clock that I picked up at a yard sale a while back (the alarm wasn’t respective of AM/PM though) but I just recent purchased my first Copal 227 which I’m really enjoying. I did have a question regarding flip clocks in general: Do all flip clocks’ numbers misalign as they tick through a minute or does this only occur with certain ones. I noticed that at the beginning of a minute the minute numbers are higher than the hour but slowly align with it as they tick down towards the next minute. Thanks!

Welcome to the form Cloudman. I think the 227 is the quintessential flip clock/alarm. To me it's kind of the standard by which I judge all flip clocks. It's sort of like the American Robin to United States birders (bird watchers). They'll describe a particular bird as "about the size of a robin," or "slightly bigger (or smaller) than a robin." They'll do this with the Crow too sometimes. But anyway...

I do think there is a slight jostling as the mins pass after a flip. But like you mentioned, it does depend upon the model.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
    X