Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Mexico city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Mexico city

Hi all!

My name's Marcelo,

I've an old GE flip clock/alarm radio that I bought off of ebay and its fully working but has some issues, it doesnt turn off (have to plu/unplug it) alarm goes off by itself and I'd like it to get serviced and repaired. Im located in Mexico city but dont know if theres someone here avialable to fix that, else, Id ship it to USA if needed.

any help will be appreciated,

thanks!!

Welcome to the FCF! Glad to have you with us!

A few questions to ask would be how handy you are with fixing things- some clocks can be fixed pretty easily with some guidance, while others require more work. Being able to open the clock up and get photos of it to post over in the repair section will get you on the fast track to an answer on that one either way.

Thanks again for joining; when it comes to getting flip clocks fixed, you've come to the right place!

Comment

Bienvenido, Marcelo...I am north of you in California.

Please post the model number of your clock as that may help us understand the issues you are having.

Comment

Hi,

thank you guys for the fast responses! My mom used to have one like this when I was a kid, so now she passed away and I got one to remember the good old days =)
        I dont know the model yet, I looked for it purely by my memory and looking at different modesl online, I will have to find that data tomorrow!

thanks to all!

Comment

I'm sorry for the double post, but I don't know the model of the radio/clock as the sticker has been removed, I'm uploading a pic so you guys can help me identify it please.

Comment

pull up the sleep lever to off

Comment

Originally posted by tonyofthelord View Post
              pull up the sleep lever to off
              The Radio doesn't turn off in any position (have to unplug), If I do as you say (putting sleep lever to top position) alarm goes off and I have to put it all the way down for it to stop. It would sound then every hour.

Comment

Hmm...I am not familiar with this model. I am unsure of how it is configured inside. Something is stuck and/or broken inside of the cabinet, I am guessing. if you feel comfortable, you can take it apart and maybe snap some photos (unplugged, of course!) and maybe we can then offer more help.

Comment

it sounds like the switches have been reversed. try turning the alarm set wheel slowly around to see if the radio turns off.

Comment

Working...
                  X