Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and help!

Thank for letting me join your group I’m here to find out more about my LUMITIME CHINESE DRAGON CLOCK . I wish I could tell you more about it . I am getting rid of boxes in storage and completely forgot I even had this thing. I’d like to see if there is anyone that would appreciate it before my husband tosses it to the curbside . It has a sunburst thingy like the other lumitime clocks but this one is much different.

Hi there,

What are you looking to get for it? I may be interested

Comment

Well I’ve no clue about these things which I was hoping to find out more information about them. There are some things that aren’t quite right about the clock and I can post a picture to show you . With that in mind it’s not perfect. It works and keeps time but there are two areas where the digital flickers in and out. I will post another picture to show you.

Comment

As far as info, the Lumitime clocks were sold here in the US, but were more popular in Japan. Made by a company called Tamura Electric in the 1970s for the most part. The company is still around, but makes electrical supplies now.

Comment

Originally posted by jennifer neal View Post
          Well I’ve no clue about these things which I was hoping to find out more information about them. There are some things that aren’t quite right about the clock and I can post a picture to show you . With that in mind it’s not perfect. It works and keeps time but there are two areas where the digital flickers in and out. I will post another picture to show you.
          The segments of the display are backlit by neon lamps...so there are quite a few of them (some segments have more than one lamp) and they tend to flicker as the get old and at the end of their lives. Segments are illuminated as the time changes. They are actually a little bit of a pain to work on, depending on the model.

General Electric made a copy of these, but the segments were always lit and they had little shutters that would move and block certain parts to make a number appear. It was quite complex, but looked neat.

Comment

I uploaded a video of the clock to YouTube so that it may be seen better . If you search lumitime it should be there.

Comment

• Mackey
              Mackey commented
              Editing a comment
              see video 2 posts down

Not that I’m trying to take the conversation away from this site, I’m just trying to make it more visible and gain more info and would like to discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jennifer neal View Post
              Not that I’m trying to take the conversation away from this site, I’m just trying to make it more visible and gain more info and would like to discuss on this forum.
              What you're doing is perfectly acceptable!
              But here's the video

~ Mackey Site Administrator
              If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
              If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Yeah. That clock's got some value. You could get anywhere from $50 to $100 for that pretty easily, in my opinion.
                ~ Mackey Site Administrator
                If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
                If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thank you for adding my video and the added information it is very much appreciated.

Comment

• Mackey
                    Mackey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're such a nice person. .. I hope you find a reason to stick around.

That's one nice, interesting and peculiar clock! I have a Lumitime in my own collection and one or two for spares. I'm always happy to buy them for the right price, but in your case, I would take some good, clear pictures, put on ebay, bidding from 1 US$ and perhaps a reserve of whatever you feel comfortable with and it should indeed easily fetch US$ 50 or perhaps even US$ 100 and beyond.
                  You can also sell it here on the forum, should 'Engineer' not be interested, I will/might be, for the right price
                  Last edited by flipoclock; December 21, 2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Interesting clock, thanks for thinking of us! Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming. I was wondering The line under model number (no. 04 or no.J-4) is that part of the model number ?

Comment

Sorry it’s sideways?

Comment

Working...
                        X