Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from SF, CA, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from SF, CA, USA

Hi there, I'm very happy to have found this Forum, and I'm so thrilled to see another group of people using the internet to create and foster a community with a similar, unique interest. I am here because I just learned that my wife had a flip clock when she was young, and that her younger brother destroyed it (as most younger brothers are wont to do, haha). While there is no way for me to replace it (I don't know the make or model), what I CAN do is build her a new one — I'm a capable woodworker, a passable electrician, and a generally creative and handy guy; so I'm hoping the Marketplace here will give me the direction I need to obtain the so-called "guts" of a flip clock, which I can turn into a gift for her. I will try to find my own way through the Marketplace but if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to navigate the forum, I sure would appreciate it. I also like to talk about cycling and movies and making things, so if you share any of those interests, you've got a friend in me! Thanks!!!

Welcome and looking forward to seeing some stuff from you. Lots of stuff here for restorations, Ebay finds, etc.

I'm down in SoCal.

Comment

Oh, and the marketplace here isn't terribly active. Ebay and Etsy seem to be the go-to for hardware, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
        Oh, and the marketplace here isn't terribly active. Ebay and Etsy seem to be the go-to for hardware, etc.
        Well that's probably the best intel I could have hoped for, thank you! I'll keep that in mind and continue my search elsewhere, though I'm still going to take a chance in the Marketplace, just as a matter of course. But I will absolutely come back when I finish the project and show it here. (psbtw, I just took a look at your site and you have some fantastic restorations, just beautiful.)

Comment

Post up what you're looking for or what you're designing and someone might have what you're looking for as far as a clock movement is concerned. Many of us have spares of this or that and might be able to help. I have tons of spare clock movements and I know others do, as well.

If nothing here seems to be the right fit then we may be able to point you to something to look for on Ebay as a parts donor unit or something like that.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and great plans, would be interesting to see what you come up with!

I have loads of clocks, destined for spares, most of them are European, 220v, but some are 110v. Perhaps set up a topic in the wanted section here on the forum and see what turns up.

Are you looking for just a clock or with alarm, radio perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
              Post up what you're looking for or what you're designing and someone might have what you're looking for as far as a clock movement is concerned. Many of us have spares of this or that and might be able to help. I have tons of spare clock movements and I know others do, as well.

If nothing here seems to be the right fit then we may be able to point you to something to look for on Ebay as a parts donor unit or something like that.
              Thank you for the guidance! And also for using the term "clock movement," which was a specific term I did not know! I'm learning already!

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
                Welcome to the forum and great plans, would be interesting to see what you come up with!

I have loads of clocks, destined for spares, most of them are European, 220v, but some are 110v. Perhaps set up a topic in the wanted section here on the forum and see what turns up.

Are you looking for just a clock or with alarm, radio perhaps?
                Well I wouldn't turn my nose up at one with an alarm and/or radio, that's for sure. I'll take your advice and post what I'm looking for in the Wanted section — thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blair cerny View Post
                  Hi there, I'm very happy to have found this Forum, and I'm so thrilled to see another group of people using the internet to create and foster a community with a similar, unique interest. I am here because I just learned that my wife had a flip clock when she was young, and that her younger brother destroyed it (as most younger brothers are wont to do, haha). While there is no way for me to replace it (I don't know the make or model), what I CAN do is build her a new one — I'm a capable woodworker, a passable electrician, and a generally creative and handy guy; so I'm hoping the Marketplace here will give me the direction I need to obtain the so-called "guts" of a flip clock, which I can turn into a gift for her. I will try to find my own way through the Marketplace but if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to navigate the forum, I sure would appreciate it. I also like to talk about cycling and movies and making things, so if you share any of those interests, you've got a friend in me! Thanks!!!
                  Great to have you on board - your background is going to be a valuable asset here!
                  ~ Mackey Site Administrator
                  If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
                  If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post

Great to have you on board - your background is going to be a valuable asset here!
                      It would make me super happy to be able to contribute even a small fraction of what I've already gotten in knowledge and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Performa View Post
                        Welcome aboard!
                        Thanks! Happy to be here!

Comment

Hi, welcome, good luck on the project.

Comment

Nice to meet you, and good luck on the clock!

Comment

Working...
                            X