Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Clock has a story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every Clock has a story...

Here I am, The new one... I pulled an old 70's flip clock radio out of a dumpster in South Hollywood when I had just graduated high school... Brushed it off, took it home, cleaned it up... it worked, really well for another 21 years at 4 different addresses in 2 different states... Until 3 days ago.
    Owning that flip clock was therapeutic. Everyone here surely knows the sound of the cards flicking every minute in the dead quiet of the night... in turn - it started a clock collecting madness that Im happy to report that the wife loves.
    The wife knows another Flip Clock is coming to my side of the bed... but Im not 18 anymore, Any suggestions to currently purchase a new model are welcome.

Hi Derikson,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your clock dying on you.

I do not know how technically 'educated' you are, but it could be a simple fix to get your clock going again, it could simply be that the motor has seized. It could be worse though.

What make/model of clock do you have? Perhaps it is best to start a separate topic for this.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

As Flipclock_nl said, most clocks are fixable depending on the make, model, and availability of parts in some instances. Definitely let us know, as there may be an easy way to get that one working again.

As for buying "new" there are clocks available but most "new" clocks are more decor oriented than the old alarm clock style- and most command relatively high prices for basic functionality compared to their older counterparts. A quick look at Amazon will give you an idea of what's out there for new clocks.

Comment

Working...
      X