Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Australia

Hi all,

Brendan's my name.

I recently purchased flip clock from eBay which was described by the seller as "All in excellent working order". Needless to say, this wasn't the case (I'm sure I'm not the first).

So, I hit Youtube for some advice on trying to correct the issues and stumbled upon the Flip Clock Fans channel before making my way to the forum. With any luck I'll find more answers here.

What did I purchase you ask? A 70's model Auto Sonic (Samsung Model No. SQ-2810) Flip Clock Radio in bright orange. Korean made for the Australia market. I love the design and colour. The tuner and speaker work fine, though I'm having some issues with the clock. The minute dial seems to get stuck for an indefinite period at 59 minutes, and the hour dial doesn't flip until 5-8 minutes after the hour. The motor sounds a little noisy so I'll start there.

I guess I should try to upload a photo at some stage too.

Warm regards
    Last edited by BKPrecords; June 3, 2020, 03:54 AM.

G'day Brendan, nice to hear from you, will try to help with your flip clock, 1st thoughts are maybe the minutes release 'claw' between the hours and the minutes drums may be out of place.

I look forward to seeing you post some photos of your new flip clock radio, esp a front closeup of the hours/minutes and if possible the motor cheers Dave.

Comment

Hey Brendan. We have more than a couple members from Australia now. Look forward to pics.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X