Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiya!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya!

Hello -- long time listener, first time caller!

I am from Toronto, Canada, and had been on the hunt for a clock for a while before joining. Finally got my hands on one that is mostly working but needs a bit of work, and so my excuse to join at last arose! I will post it under the Restoration topic for any ideas and help (I've never fixed one before and don't want to ruin it!). In the meantime, I will keep looking for more...

I hope you get that JIL Candle flip clock radio sorted ok, sounds like you got a hard one to get started with.

I hadn't heard of a JIL Candle before now, but I just found out what JIL stands for here:

Hello, I recently found a flip clock radio and was looking for more information on it. As you can see in the pictures it is a JIL candle flip clock, but the

Unfortunately that clock is different to yours and it looks like it has a Copal motor/mech.

I see yours has split minutes which I think is not too common for a flip clock but common in a drum clock, good luck with it and have fun.

PS It's nice to see someone else says Hiya, everybody used to say that in England too, but if you say that to an Aussie you'll get "good thanks" in reply!

I could never figure out why until I realised Hiya is a contraction of "How are you" and that's how it's heard, so now I just stick with G'day!

Comment

Working...
    X