Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the UK

Hi
    Had a flip clock/radio for quite a while after buying one for £5 on a second hand market lubed the motor and that has been running for 14 years.
    A few more years later I bought a few more on ebay, I also have some cyclometer clock/radios 2 of them are President cb radio home base clock radios.
    I currently have 3 flip clock/radios in this room running 2 sanyo and one pye.
    I tried one of those modern quartz flip clocks, that lasted about a year then quit so I won't be bothering with one of those again.
    I did want a Groundhog day clock/radio but they only seem to be in the US and are the wrong voltage and Hz for here and now rather expensive.
    Jon

G'day Jon
    I've lived in the UK, been to York, I hope you didn't get flooded out recently like some did.
    You sound like a pioneer in repairing flip clocks, how do you find the Sanyo's, I've heard that they can be noisy?
    I looked at getting one of those modern flip clocks with the exposed mech and numbers, but decided against it due to not being able to keep dust and curious fingers out of it!
    David

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
      G'day Jon
      I've lived in the UK, been to York, I hope you didn't get flooded out recently like some did.
      You sound like a pioneer in repairing flip clocks, how do you find the Sanyo's, I've heard that they can be noisy?
      I looked at getting one of those modern flip clocks with the exposed mech and numbers, but decided against it due to not being able to keep dust and curious fingers out of it!
      David
      Didn't get flooded out quite high up here.
      Sanyo's been quite good got 3 but ones unwell, got a PYE clock radio it's quite good and a sankyo alarm but that's a cyclometer.
      Ordered a g100 grayson £96.96 from https://www.graysonclocks.com/ they go for daft prices on ebay £80 for a 1997 used one or buy a new one for not much more.
      Tried one of those cheap flip clocks and it lasted about a year and quit so won't bother with one of those again.
      Jon

Comment

Hello Jon in the UK, from another Jon in the UK, and welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
        X