Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bumblebee Movie Digital Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumblebee Movie Digital Clock

Someone once told me that there may be a flip clock in the Transformer Movie, "Bumblebee." Well, I actually took the wife to see that movie. It wasn't bad at all (for a kids' movie) - very watchable. But, there was no flip clock. I recently rented the video on YouTube so I could make a positive Identification of the clock. It happens to be the
    General Electric: Electronic Digital FM/AM Clock Radio 7-4624B "Space Saver"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bumblebee Movie General Electric Model 7-4624B.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	9056Click image for larger version

Name:	General Electric Model 7-4624B.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	9057

and here's a short video (less than 5 mins) showing how I made my determination - and found me a nice Transformer too.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Wow. That was some really sly sleuthing/researching by you! The GE "Space Saver" seems strangely familiar to me, I do recall seeing a few of these at thrift stores in my area and once in an outdated motel room lol.

The Transformers movie was great to watch too, although I did have a problem with how Bumblebee's cassette player looks very out of place in the Volkswagen Beetle. Would've looked better with the original VW AM radio and maybe an aftermarket 8 track hanging under the dash ^^

I really enjoyed that video!
    "Stupid is as Stupid Does"- Forrest Gump

Comment

Very keen eye on that one. Most clocks of that "era" kinda blend together for me- telling one from another is sometimes a challenge at a glance.

I do find it funny that they went to some length to remove the GE branding from the clock in the film. I know Hollywood has some overbearing rules on product placement and branding, but this seems a little extreme. Click image for larger version  Name:	giggling.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.1 KB ID:	9076

Comment

Working...
      X