Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the oldest that I have come across.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the oldest that I have come across.....

Pretty cool GE AB8B02. Made in the 30's I believe. Looks to be made of bakelite with a metal face. Roll clock. I was happy to see that it is functioning good. It just needs a new bulb that is really easy to get to when replacing. I'm not 100% sure but think I will be selling this one if anyone is interested.

Opinions welcome.

Oh man, that is beautiful! Fantastic that something that old has survived in such good condition for the better part of a century- please do post a link somewhere around here when/if it goes up for sale.

Comment

Oh wow, probably older than the much sought after New Haven clocks! Looks like GE seems to be the OG of flip clocks.
      "Stupid is as Stupid Does"- Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Friendly Scientist View Post
        Oh wow, probably older than the much sought after New Haven clocks! Looks like GE seems to be the OG of flip clocks.
        That clock is choice! But it's not a flip clock. It's more like a cyclometer.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
          That clock is choice! But it's not a flip clock. It's more like a cyclometer.

What's your experience on cyclometers? Are they trickier to get the motor running than in a flip clock?

I know that the Sony Digimatics have really good examples of cyclometers, and I've seen them listed for a lot less than what other conventional flip clocks (especially Panasonic) go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Friendly Scientist View Post

What's your experience on cyclometers? Are they trickier to get the motor running than in a flip clock?

I know that the Sony Digimatics have really good examples of cyclometers, and I've seen them listed for a lot less than what other conventional flip clocks (especially Panasonic) go for.
            Well, I have a couple of seth thomas cyclometers, and a non-working Sakyo. So really, not much experience. I would bet when one of the older cyclometers motors goes down, it would be replacement time ... they're not as simple.
            ~ Mackey Site Administrator
            If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
            If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
              Well, I have a couple of seth thomas cyclometers, and a non-working Sakyo. So really, not much experience. I would bet when one of the older cyclometers motors goes down, it would be replacement time ... they're not as simple.

Oh Lordy, guess it's not gonna be a walk in the park ain't it?

Recently saw an ad on Craigslist about an AM/FM 8 track with a flip clock combination. With some thorough internetting, I discovered that the clock mechanism is actually a cyclometer as it also counts the seconds and the day, much like a Sony Digimatic.

The whole unit was tempting and I know that the 8 track will work; however, the clock does not work and it's a far stretch for me (300 miles YEESH)

Thing's been for sale for months as the seller doesn't seem to budge on his asking price of 40 dollars and I doubt no one will step up unless the seller gives up selling.

Comment

Working...
              X