Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hours keep flipping first, is this a fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hours keep flipping first, is this a fault?

Hello, I need anyone with knowledge of the mechanical works of a flip clock.

I recently bought a 'auto flip clock' off ebay, one of those cheap modern style flip clocks with a 12 hour display.

I have an annoying problem with hour flip which is bugging me, not sure if this is the way it should be or if its been poorly assembled or if it a fault but the hour always flips down about 30 seconds before the minute flips to '00'.
    So supposing its 8:59, the hour flap will flip first so the clock then shows 9:59 for about 30 seconds before the minute flips and then its showing 9:00. This gets rather annoying as it leaves a 30 second illusion that the clock is wrong. I did open the clock to see what it could be but its just springs and wheels so didn't touch anything.
    Is there a way i can correct it so the hour flips down at the precisely the same time as the minutes? Thanks

Sorry, have no experience whatsoever with this type of clock, it will be very different from all clocks that I have worked on in the past.

Can you not send it back to the seller for a replacement?

Comment

Yeah it's a new one made of Chinesium. I've had no experience with them either. I'm with flipclock_nl, see if you can send it back.

Comment

Sounds like an issue with the motors, gears, or both. Wish I had better news for you, but this is the first I've heard of this clock.

Comment

Working...
        X