Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Orange flip clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Orange flip clock

Hey there flip clockers,
    Recently found this clock in a second-hand shop, interested to know any information. Year, brand, model etc.

Many thanks,

Good looking unit, but I'm not sure what it might be. Was it bought in America or Europe? That will narrow down the possible manufacturers and models somewhat.

Comment

• Justin
      Justin commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a quartz, made in China JH model I think. Now to get it working!

I purchased it in Australia; I'm am going to open her up this afternoon since the hour flip is not working. Do you know why an hour flip may not be working, when the minutes flip is?
    I've never repaired a clock before.

Comment

Hi Justin,

I'm in Australia too (Melbourne) welcome!

My suspicion is this is a modern Chinese clock. If you look on ebay you'll see em in white.

Not much help I know but that's just my suspicion. Pull it apart and upload some pics!

Comment

• Justin
        Justin commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to meet, I am also in Melbourne. You are right on the money. It's a quartz-made in China, JH model I think. Now to get it working. Pics to come

It's a quartz, made in China JH model I think. Now to get it working!

Comment

I've yet to come across one broken like that, so I'm not exactly sure what the best course of action might be. All the same, I'd suggest checking the springs or whatever torsion mechanism is inside to see that it's not "holding" the hour cards in place. If you have pictures of the clock "guts" we may be able to help you further. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X