Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Groundhog Day Flip Clock to appear in a New VR Video game in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Groundhog Day Flip Clock to appear in a New VR Video game in 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture22.PNG
Views:	275
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	8164 That's right campers - The Panasonic RC-6025, known the world over as the "Groundhog Day" flip clock, is set to appear in a new Playstation Virtual Reality Video game this year. The video will feature Phil Conners, junior - that's right, Phil and Rita's son will be trying to break out of his own time loop.
    For more screen shots and information, including the official game trailer, see the article.

The FlipClockFans Video:

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Ouch, this is pretty bad... If *I* would be a video games developer, I'd... Oh wait. I am! :-)
    This is just a screenshot from the intro cutscene (in our editor) of a little something that'll be released next spring. At the moment, this thing is more or less an "interactive screensaver", but it's displaying the current time (with flip animation!).

Widdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Widdy_NCE View Post
      Ouch, this is pretty bad... If *I* would be a video games developer, I'd... Oh wait. I am! :-)
      This is just a screenshot from the intro cutscene (in our editor) of a little something that'll be released next spring. At the moment, this thing is more or less an "interactive screensaver", but it's displaying the current time (with flip animation!).

Widdy.
      This is only Awesome!
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Wow, that is awesome! It could do with a bit of weathering though since it is out in the garage

Comment

Woah. Now that's a nice detail! Dunno why the hammer is next to it tho, maybe it'll look great sitting next to an 8 track player

Anyways, nice work! What's the game called? Or is that spilling too much info?
          "Stupid is as Stupid Does"- Forrest Gump

Comment

Hehe, glad you like it! :-)
            The game is going to be called "Mower Blower" (working title!), and it's going to be - a lawn mowing simulation! If you remember "Hover Bovver" from the C64, you'll know what I'm talking about. :-)
            Platform will be Nintendo Wii for now, and as always, it'll be free.

As you have guessed, the intro cutscene will take place in a garage. Everything is way too clean at the moment, and there are no shadows yet, too - that's the stuff I'll add in the end, when every object is in place.

These were my five minutes of fame, btw :-)
            1st place at the game development competition at Revision 2013 by Nuance and Genesis*Project.Design, code and graphics: WiddyAdditional design: Erkan & Nitro...

Widdy.

Comment

I'm thinking of making an Android app as a side product of this. Nothing big, just the flip clock in 3D, displaying the current time (and maybe an alarm). Not promising anything tho, my Android skills aren't exactly stellar, but how hard could it be (famous last words). It'll be free, of course, and I'll keep you posted.

Widdy.

Comment

Working...
              X