Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slave Bodet BT659 clock and mother Brillie clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slave Bodet BT659 clock and mother Brillie clock

Hallo Flip clock fans, is it anybody over there who can help me with following issue, please?
    I bought Bodet clock BT 659 some time ago and I would like to use it as a slave clock for my Brillie mother clock. Brillie mother clock distributes 30 seconds impulses with aternated polarity of voltage. I can use voltage from 1,5 V to 12 V. I attached manual which I got from Bodet company one PDF file is just in French language, second with the similar clock is in English.
    I tried my best but result is that Bodet clock's digits "fall down" each half minute so time is totally nonsens - incorrect. I used 12 V voltage (2 shunts between 5-6 and 7-8
    I have got a feeling that this type of BT 659 Bodet clock (on the coil or bobbin inside of the clock is written Type 5 BT 600). Maybe I have to have coil (bobbin) type 6. Am I right? If my Bodet can not be driven on 30 seconds impulses I would like to sell this model and buy one which can understand with its "mother Brillie". Or just to exchange it.
    I am so sorry originally my project looked so easy but the result......
    Please help me with any suggestion ( how to connect it so it works properly)
    Thanks
    Jan

Hi,
    I am recently try to drive the Bodet BT 659 clock. It is also type 5. The polarity of the pulse needs to be chanhed every min., not every 30seconds. No matter which voltage level you want to use.

Comment

Did you try a diode in series with the coil on the slave clock?

​​​​​​Given the master clock reverses the polarity per every 30 second impulse, the diode would block every second impulse and thus only one card per minute would fall.
      ​​​​​​
      Maybe try a 1N4007 diode.

Comment

Hi all,

I can drive the Siemens/Bodet BT659 flip clock, slave clock type, with the Arduino board correctly.
        Here is the fast forward testing video.

And the clock can keep correct time without problem.

Comment

Working...
        X