Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a tuning fork clock make so much noise? X_X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a tuning fork clock make so much noise? X_X

I have a new flip clock with a tuning fork, is it normal that it makes all this noise? I think I'll put it in an isolated place or I'll turn it off because otherwise I'll become crazy. I attach a file (please listen at maximum volume to have an idea...).

I have the same clock here, there are currently some issues with the clock itself keeping perfect time, but other than that, it is reasonably quiet...

This does not sound good :-( I suggest opening it up and trying to see whether you can trace what is making the sound.

Good luck!

Comment

I tried to open it, it's like all the structure resonates but the source of the noise is definitely the jeco box. Other than that, it works very well and it keeps perfect time.

Comment

Mine was quite noisy, hummed at about 300 Hz

The case itself seems to act as a resonator because the motor and mechanism are almost inaudible when running out of the case.

I cut the noise down a lot by putting 4 small rubber O rings between the mechanism and the base.

see https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...opal-t7-repair

Comment

Working...
        X