Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dial replacement bulbs for Zenith c472w Circle of Sound flip clock radio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial replacement bulbs for Zenith c472w Circle of Sound flip clock radio.

I have a Zenith Circle Of Sound Model c472w Flip Clock Radio and need to replace the dial light bulbs. Does anyone know what type to use. I have some12 volt 50mA bulbs that look the same but they have a weak amber golw. Are these the correct ones??? Thanks for any help!

If they're the same size as your bulbs, they're probably the ones rated for 6V. PM me your name and address and I'll send you out a couple and you can let us know.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks Mackey for sending me the two 6V bulbs for the dial light on my Zenith c472 Circle Of Sound radio, they worked perfectly. Most of these radios were made in Taiwan. This must be an early production model as it was made in Japan. The clock assembly in this one is is very complex. It is composed of printed material that looks like film with the numbers printed on it. It is pulled along on rollers. The clock is made in USA by General Time. It is a very fragile assembly, I doubt if I will be able to repair it. But half the fun is trying! This radio has a fantastic sound.

Comment

This is what the radio looks like. It appears to have been very lightly used and still has a "new electronics smell inside and no dust.It was manufactured in 1971 and must have spent many years hidden away!

Comment

This is good stuff, Bill. I agree about much of the fun being in the trying.
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Somewhat off-topic, but I was looking for information on replacement dial illumination bulbs for a Zenith Circle of Sound model H472W, not unlike the original poster's but has a red LED clock display not a flip clock display, and this forum showed up in the search. 6 volt bulbs sounded OK, but I opened it and checked the voltage at the (dead) bulbs....11.46V, so I've ordered a pack of 10 from China on eBay.

Comment

I've got a 50 pack of those things, used one for a replacement in a Panasonic RC-6001 but I find they're more commonly used for various radio dials that are illuminated. If anyone needs one let me know.

Comment

I am new to this website. I found it because I was searching for information on the specs for the dial illumination bulbs for the later model Circle of Sound clock radios. It is the model with the red LED clock numerals.
                I am fixing this radio for my sister. I have cured the static on the volume knob, and only need to replace the two bulbs for the dial. Any information leading to the procurement of 4 bulbs (2 for my sister's Circle of Sound and 2 for mine) would be most helpful! I was going to ignore the two burned out ones in my radio, but...

Can anybody provide any information that will lead to the procurement of 4 of these bulbs?

Many thanks in advance,
                David

Comment

Working...
                X