Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flip clock that is just a clock and nothing else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flip clock that is just a clock and nothing else

Is there not many flip clocks out there that are just a clock? I kind of like the clocks that are just a clock only. Not a radio or a alarm....just a clock..

Seems like most are a alarm clock. and the rest are clock radios.

Don't get me wrong I like them also. I just think with the clock only ones I would have more room for more

There are quite a few flip clocks that are only clocks.

One of the smallest I recently reviewed, the Caslon Mini-Mod.

Another tiny flip clock only is the historic Caslon 101 (Japan's first flip clock).

The brother of the 101 is one of the first clocks to make a splash in the USA - the Caslon 201 (beautiful).

There is the Faces West flip clock - small, and famous (to me anyway) for appearing in the movie "After Hours."

If you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket, there's the Solari Udine Cifra 3

And the Left Amsterdam Brick Clock is only a flip clock (But its one of the biggest flip clocks that exist).

Although not small the GE 8113 (which appeared in the movie "Hail Caesar") has no alarm.
    There are actually many early GE flip clocks that are clocks only.

In addition many of the modern, Chinese made, quirky but cool flip clocks have no alarm.

All of the above (except the quirky Chinese clocks) are in in the FlipClockFans Studios Collection. Here are a few:

Click image for larger versionName:	clocks.jpgViews:	1Size:	44.7 KBID:	4608Click image for larger versionName:	clocks2.jpgViews:	1Size:	45.8 KBID:	4609
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

If you're feeling like you need something different:

Comment

Thank you for the info. Lot of things to look at. and I belive I will pass on the strange flip clocks.

I love that picture you have there with the little clocks. They look so cute!

I just looked again and I have the same clock that you said was in the movie Hail Caesar. But mind don't have its feet......might explain why I got it so cheap on ebaya few years ago.

Comment

Here's another clock only flip clock. Just finished the video:

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
            Here's another clock only flip clock. Just finished the video:

Dang that was way easy! I did not think that knob came out. That was my problem.....darn...(don't report me to clock abuse)

Comment

Working...
            X