Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karlsson Mini Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karlsson Mini Flip Clock

Hello to everyone, my first post to the Forum. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, my apologies.
    I have a basic question to ask (I hope). I have followed the instruction when setting up the clock.

I have found that there is a short buzzing noise which occurs at 11.15 am and again at 11.15 pm. I find it strange that the buzzing noise does not occur on the hour as I would imagine it only occurs at quarter past the hour. If there is any reason or perhaps if I have set up the clock incorrectly I would very much appreciate any guidance. My thanks in advance.

his is the perfect place to ask your question Apometzgeria

I am not familiar with this model at all. But I'm including the following for information of others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1021.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	3675Karlsson Mini Flip Wall Clock - features year, month, day and date but with an analogue clock.
    - quartz movement
    - requires 2 AA batteries
    - dimensions: 24.5 cm (H) x 24.5 cm (W) x 10 cm (D)
    approximately 9 5/8 in (H) x 9 5/8in (W) x 3 15/16 in (D)
    Made in China

Retails for over $150.00
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have copied a section from the Instructions which came with the clock.
      This section refers to the Clock Time and Adjustment
      During the adjustment each time the clock turns to 11.30 there will be a stand by sound Pause for two to three seconds upon hearing this sound then proceed slowly with the time adjustment.
      When at 12.00 there will be another sound which is also accompanied with the movement calendar, from AM to PM a day.
      There is a small diagram below which shows clock time continuous sound test.
      Thank you once again for your reply

Comment

Hello Once Again
        I have just received the following regarding the buzzing sound on my Karlsson mini flip clock

Jasper replied
        I remember we had a model standing here at the office that did the same thing.
        There is nothing wrong with the clock, I believe the electrical system inside in not just “working”at the whole hour”
        The wheel of the flips has more then 24 working points, so in between it’s already preparing to flip.

I hope this makes any sense for you? If not or if you have further questions please feel free to ask them.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Kind regards,

Jasper Buitenhuis | Sales Benelux

I think that when the time comes to adjust the clock at the end of British Summer Time, 5 November I will re set the clock and see if this has any marked difference.

Thanks once again for your attention

Comment

Working...
        X