Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyer's Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer's Guide?

I wish there was a reference for the motor/drive used in various flip clocks. I've never had any luck with the Telechron type and try to avoid them. But it's not always easy to tell whether a clock uses one of these!
    Jack of All Trades, Master of None
    www.maduko.com

That would be a great thing, but definitely be a tall order. While the Copal clocks have some known motors that they use in clocks, even among the copals there were a lot of variability, apparently as the technology started improving over the decade of the flip clock. Add this to the various makes (panasonic, sony and other) and you'll see that there's a big difference between flip clocks in general and the one brand Telechron.
    We've made some attempts to keep track of that, but not really gotten together anything definitive.

I'd definitely buy that for a dollar.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

LOL... yes, definitely worth a dollar.

I used to look for the little spinning whirlagig thing to identify a Copal-style motor. Of course, that's far from accurate.
      Jack of All Trades, Master of None
      www.maduko.com

Comment

Working...
      X