Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery operated flip clock with calendar/date - do they exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery operated flip clock with calendar/date - do they exist?

Quick question to this community: are there any battery operated calendar flip clocks? Really keen to get a flip clock with date on it, but so far have only seen mains-powered (or those TWEMCO wall clocks).

If so, anybody point me to a name/model? Thanks.

I've been searching the auction sites but haven't come across one yet; not sure whether to keep searching or just buy a mains powered one.

Cheers.

The only one that comes to mind, but that only has the date, not the day, is the Krups Chronovox, but it is kind of rare. Not super expensive when you find one, but you do not come across them very often. Should I think of anything else, I will post it here...

Comment

• 2014WRX
      2014WRX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, appreciated

• Johan de Jong
      Johan de Jong commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you mean the Krups Comfortchron (Chrono-vox is a Junghans).

Correct of course, the comfortchron it is!

Comment

Found another one: Braun Phase 2 Typ 4925.

Also date only, not the day or month.

Comment

• 2014WRX
        2014WRX commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I like the aesthetic of that in black for sure. Do you know/think if the date is automatic or manual? I've seen some calendar clocks where you have to manually advance the date (but this looks automatic).

For sure it must be automatic. Not sure though how you set the date, since there are only two buttons. Probably you need to pull a knob or turn it the other way. Good luck finding one though, they are pretty rare!

Comment

• flipoclock
        flipoclock commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you set the date with the knob which is normally used for the alarm. I once worked on one of these for someone, they are nice indeed!

Here is one, which in my opinion, is not super-expensive

Comment

Working...
      X