Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time keeping and frequency (hz), and projection clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time keeping and frequency (hz), and projection clocks

Hi

Do all flip clocks rely on frequency to keep time and if not, is there a way to tell the difference?

Keen to get a Stancraft high time projection clock, but being American I’ve only seen 60hz models; assuming it uses frequency to keep time?

Is anybody aware of a Japanese or European clock with projection?

I’ll keep looking for Euro designated high times in the meantime.

Thank you.

The Stancraft high time flip clocks use frequency to keep time. I’d say all vintage (1970s) clocks that plug in use the frequency of the household current to keep time. The only ones that do not are the battery operated ones.
    Just my opinion here …. I’ve had more than one of those ceiling projection clocks in my hands. They’re not that great.
    first of all they only give you an estimated time (at five minute intervals​​​​​​). And they don’t project anywhere near as bright as bright as you would think. I’ve had to manipulate photos to make them appear brighter. Not to sell them, just to show the function.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Ok thanks - that makes me feel a bit better that they’re kinda trash at projecting

Comment

Working...
      X