Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chime on Copal Quartz flip clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chime on Copal Quartz flip clock

I have a Copal Quartz flip clock.

It has speaker and Japanese writing under two knobs which I understand state Volume press and turn and Chime count. When both these knobs are pushed in, a chime sounds. Apart from this I don't know how the chime works,

Any ideas

Geoff

Originally posted by Geoff bull View Post
    I have a Copal Quartz flip clock.

It has speaker and Japanese writing under two knobs which I understand state Volume press and turn and Chime count. When both these knobs are pushed in, a chime sounds. Apart from this I don't know how the chime works,

Any ideas

Geoff
    Can you upload a picture, Or maybe look for a model number and let us know. I'd like to know more about this.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I suspect this gentleman is speaking of the Copal QG872. It is similar to the 870 bar for the two knobs at the front, one being for the chime.

I have never owned one so cannot comment on how it works. I do happen to have a lot of spare motors (new old stock) for this so that might help (or not, no idea really).

Comment

• eathan21th
        eathan21th commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not have this Copal clock as well, but some of my friend sent me some photos as he tried to fix some problems.
        I think the motor and control board is quite similar of these copal clock to those used in some Twemco flip clock, such as BQ-50, BQ-58.
        And I bought the motor and control board from Twemco to fix my BQ-58. It might be possible to use the spare parts from Twemco to fix old copal clock.

Further to my question re chime buttons on Copal Quartz and how they are operated please see attached photos

Geoff Bull
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X