Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identifying a clock radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying a clock radio?

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone could help me identify a flip clock radio.I saw that there's already a thread about flip clocks from movies and television but I didn't see this one on it.

The piece I'm wondering about is from the movie "Friday" (1995). They show a very zoomed in shot of the clock as it flips from 11:59pm to 12:00 am and the only other clear shot is where it's in the background.

Also, if it helps, when the clock flips to 12:00am it says "Japan" in small print under the two zeroes.

I've attached both pictures here. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jessie

Attached Files

It looks like a Copal clockwork for sure, although it is not a Copal clock. I suspect that this is a somewhat generic clock, sold under various different labels. You might even be able to find one on ebay right now...

Comment

I don't recognize the model off hand. There looks to be black tape above the numbers, that is likely hiding a brand name, or text that tells you its an am/fm radio. Looks sort of like a Sound Design, Lloyd style. The frame on the outer still, makes me think it has a dial style tuner, maybe with a dial each for am/fm or one for volume and one for am/fm.

Comment

So, I continued to dig a little more and it looks close to a Juliette, FDC-1077. That would my best guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Juliette-FDC-1077.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	23012
        Last edited by RetroFlip; December 10, 2021, 03:58 PM. Reason: Added image

Comment

Working...
        X