Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are NO purple flip clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are NO purple flip clocks

I cannot believe that I've never noticed this. But as far as I can tell, purple flip clocks do not exist, or they're extremely rare. So, I set out to rectify that situation.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Since you mentioned it at the end of the video, the only one that comes to mind is the Copal 222, had like a purple grey color version. I am sitting on some of the same mechanisms and hope to recase them in some fun way eventfully...

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking for purple.... not purple-grey.

Funny, I would never think of the color purple thinking of that particular Copal 222.

Come to think about it, there are very little items made in the 60s/70s in the color purple. They're there, but not very many.

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
      Funny, I would never think of the color purple thinking of that particular Copal 222.

Come to think about it, there are very little items made in the 60s/70s in the color purple. They're there, but not very many.
      Yeah, that's interesting, perhaps it was one of the greys with some sort of UV fading. In an era that gave us several in avocado, you'd think a royal purple would have been doable.

Comment

Maybe some reasoning...or maybe not! Who knows?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	21737

Purple (colormatters.com)

Comment

• Mackey
          Mackey commented
          Editing a comment
          I wondered if it were a Japan meaning thing. But ultimately, the world may never know.

Another nice upcycled Copal clock movement in a unique purple…..nice work!

Comment

Working...
        X