Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken's Clock Clinic - A friend of the Flip Clock Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken's Clock Clinic - A friend of the Flip Clock Fan

Ken's Clock Clinic has been restoring Antique Clock for 40 years. He specializes in repair and maintenance of self winding clocks. But as some of our member's know, he also has a device that is crucial for those flip clock collectors who's household current is 220-240 V at 50 Hz verses the North American 110-127 V at 60 Hz. The Model 1930-115V inverter is simply the best for the price anywhere. I was so impressed I made an article about electrical conversion and his products.
    Choosing the right converter or transformer for your flip clock
    I've been in contact with him recently, especially getting his input for our latest video (see at bottom). He's done work on flip clock motors and such and will likely prove to be a resource for members in the future.

If you have any experience with Ken or his products, please let us know here!

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Ken just recently embedded the video into his site,

http://www.kensclockclinic.com/new-video-available/
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Yes I've had some experience in this i have got a few of those so call converters and believe me is a minefield out there.

For a start keep away from anything from discount chinese stores .they do nothing but change the voltage ,they may claim to but alas they don't they are not worth the gamble. The one that i was sure that was going to work actually did not ,it was one of these. http://www.frequency60hz.com/
      As soon as i got it i put it on a multimeter it read 59hz - good for hair clippers but no good for clocks; it was not stable enough to run it.

The only thing that's worked so far and keeped good time too, is my converter from Kens Clock Clinic. It's been plugged in for a couple of months now and I have not had to touch it..

Comment

Ken's stuff is legitimate. I have bought the Model 1930 to power my Euro flip clocks. It is working great. Now I can expand my collection from Europe with reckless abandon. :-)

Comment

UPDATE>> the test of time.... ok so i have been running my usa clock continuously for about a year now ...and it hasn't missed a beat....(nothing more to say) the proofs in the pudding as they say

Comment

Originally posted by oldclockradios.com View Post
            Ken's stuff is legitimate. I have bought the Model 1930 to power my Euro flip clocks. It is working great. Now I can expand my collection from Europe with reckless abandon. :-)
            Permission to proceed with reckless abandon is a wonderful thing!

Comment

Working...
            X