Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sort-of interesting model with a blacklight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort-of interesting model with a blacklight

vintage XAM Solid State AM/FM Flip Clock Radio With Manual!! Everything Works | eBay

It seems this off-brand model used the same movement as the Sony TFM-660/770, Emerson R5100A, and Century Mark IV. As we know, these movements had terrible motors during their production run, which is a bummer. It seems to be made by the same factory as the Century mark unit. I updated the Known Blacklight-equipped thread. Known Blacklight-equipped clocks (flip or cyclotron) - Flip Clock Fans Forum

As you can see, I do not like blacklight clocks at all

Nice find! The clockwork seems to come from Sony (thus the motor as well?) the case and all the rest seems to be different/unique.

Comment

Yes, those units use the same mechanism as the Sony. Sony was the first to use that particular movement with a motor from Omron. I am not sure if Sony or Omron made the entire movement itself aside from the motor. The motors went through a series of changes, but none were very good or reliable. I have only managed to make one of them work, but I think I got lucky.

Comment

Working...
      X