Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip Clock Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip Clock Show?

Yesterday I spoke with the programming director for the Portage County Library System. The purpose was to hammer out the details of a set of shows and displays the Wisconsin Computer Club and I want to put on in their newly remodeled facility, but he wasn't able to lock anything in as they're still shut down for Covid. While talking I mentioned that I was working on a couple of old clocks too, and he was very interested in that as well- going so far as to suggest that there could be a display for those as well. Goodness knows I have enough of the things to make that work.

I thought I'd ask here though, has anyone ever considered something like this before? I know a "Flip Clock Show" is a mighty niche interest group, but as retro tech continues to rise in popularity there might be some genuine public interest in such a thing. I dunno, nothing solid on anything yet, but I'm strongly considering going ahead with that too- figured I would bounce that idea off of you all to see what you think. As always, many thanks for any thoughts, opinions, or insights!

To better explain, it would either be a setup show with me present for a few hours with the clocks all lined up on a table, or a "display case show" where the things would be in one of the library's locked glass cases for a week or two depending on what other organizations have scheduled to set up in them. The Lions, Rotary, and a few others have things in them all the time. Sky is the limit from there.

Comment

It's an interesting idea. However, for us, we're an international group and it's not likely many or any would be able to participate.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X