Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a Howard Miller Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a Howard Miller Flip Clock

The Howard Miller Flip Clock shows up online from time to time and really catches your eye when it does. It was a unique clock at the time (released in the late 1960s) and now has a bit of a cult following. There are many misconceptions about the clock, for example date of manufacture (people often claim the 1950s) and who designed it (most likely Arthur Umanoff, but people will often say George Miller). I made an article and YouTube video about it because I was so interested in the clock.

I've been in communication with an older gentleman who is interested in releasing one from his collection. It should be in my flip clock fingers next week.

The down side is that it is in non-working condition. We'll have to see what can be done (image here not of actual clock in discussion).

YouTube Video - The Arthur Umanoff Designed Howard Miller Flip Clock - An Enigma

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

These are always nice addition to any clock collection! Parts wise, if anything needs replacing, you should be good for it is all Copal inside, right?

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
      These are always nice addition to any clock collection! Parts wise, if anything needs replacing, you should be good for it is all Copal inside, right?
      I'm not sure about that at all. To me, what's I've seen reminds me of the early GEs. I really want to get into it and find out what's up.

Comment

Time will hopefully tell

From what I can see, it could also be an unlabelled Copal motor, but I never took a great deal of time looking at pictures of it, to be honest

Comment

I’ll be getting it 6/10/21. He’s actually sending two motors (it has been replaced by someone). Can’t wait.

Comment

How cool! I'd like to add one to my collection at some point.

Comment

What a fantastic looking clock. Well done.

Comment

Oh man! That's so cool! I am very interested to see the mechanism and motor! That wood is really nice.

Comment

I don’t think the one I’m getting is in as good shape as the picture here. But it’s presentable. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
                    I don’t think the one I’m getting is in as good shape as the picture here. But it’s presentable. We will see.
                    Time for some sanding and stain

Comment

Oh man, what a score! Nice find sir! Can't wait to see it in action!

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post

Time for some sanding and stain
                        I’ve never seen real rosewood before. I’m googling up how to work with it. I’m going to go as simple as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
                          Time will hopefully tell

From what I can see, it could also be an unlabelled Copal motor, but I never took a great deal of time looking at pictures of it, to be honest
                          It is actually a Copal 101 in the raw! They've hand painted the rotor. That's it. I'm very surprised. It's much smaller that I expected. More later.

Comment

Can't wait to see the guts!

Comment

Working...
                            X