Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic rc-6040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic rc-6040

I'm just getting into the flip clocks again after having this model in my teenage years. I just purchased a panasonic rc-6040 off of eBay and currently waiting on its arrival

Nice find and welcome to the forum. The 6040 cleans up nicely and is fairly common so pretty easy to get going again. Some of its parts interchange with other units.

I suspect the switches and motor will need cleaning, most likely. It'll be a fun project for you.

Comment

Thank you! I'm glad I found this forum. Do you know the years this 6040 was made by chance? Yea it'll definitely be a fun project! I got it for 50.00 which I thought was about the average price.
      Attached Files

Comment

These have been seen in newspaper sales ads from around 1977-1978. The last one I worked on (last year sometime) actually had a date code stamp on the underside of the top half of the cabinet and was marked May, 1977.

Comment

Welcome to the world of flip clocks and to this forum!

I think my friend had this model when I was a kid. It's the first flip clock that I ever saw in the wild back in 1977

Click image for larger version  Name:	The_Miller_County_Autogram_Sentinel_Thu__Nov_24__1977_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	19344
          The Miller County Autogram Sentinel Thu Nov 24, 1977

Adjusted for inflation, $32.66 in 1977 is equal to $146.17 in 2021.
          from dollar times.com
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thank you for sharing the cool add!! They definitely weren't cheap back then! I'm glad I found this forum and I'm anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. What's really neat about this one is I had this exact model when I was a young teenager and had it for years. It'll be awesome to have another one exactly like the one I had and with that distinctive chirp alarm! Definitely can remember that getting me up for school lol

Comment

Working...
            X