Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloudnola Wide Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloudnola Wide Clock

I did a quick search but didn't find anything on this oddball here on the FCF, though I suspect many have seen this before- the Cloudnola 24" wide flip clock from China, as available on Amazon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1d4e13ac7f20714f6ef029c92c962381.png Views:	0 Size:	117.8 KB ID:	18462

While that's way more money than I'd spend on anything like that, I am intrigued by the bizarre form factor. It almost looks like a flawed photo edit of a real clock, and not an actual product. Also comes in a word clock variety and colors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	729318edb9d5885842653f75ff4d9411.png Views:	0 Size:	221.2 KB ID:	18463

I get the impression from the strange brand, the nonexistent reviews, and the word spaghetti description that these things have some pretty serious shortcomings in terms of both design and longevity, but I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows anything more about these. I'm curious to know more; good, bad, or otherwise. Many thanks in advance!

No personal experience with these and do not plan on it unless I would be able to get my hands on one for dirt cheap (working or non-working). I do see some non-working specimens for sale every now and then, but don't know if that says something about the quality, perhaps more about the price. If I had a 250 US$ dollar clock which would break down after 2 years, I would not toss it out, but at least put it up for sale.

What I don't like about them as with almost all modern flippers, is that it does not have a cover in front of the flaps, that's a no-go for me...

Comment

Cloudnola is a small company based in the Netherlands that creates and sells trendy design items: https://cloudnola.com
      Their website looks a lot better than the advertisements on Amazon.
      Since they make all kind of stuff, I don't think they create the mechanism themselves. More likely they just buy or license that somewhere and change the styling.

Comment

Interesting, would never have guessed the origins of this clock to have been in the Netherlands!

Comment

Very interesting, I just followed the Amazon headers and it all pointed to China. I suppose it's possible the things are manufactured over there and that sellers based in China are just using Amazon to sell them through to skirt around the actual company. Thank you all for the insight on this, it has been very illuminating!

Comment

Working...
          X