Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Known Blacklight-equipped clocks (flip or cyclotron)

Collapse
This has been set as a "sticky" topic and will remain at the top.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, glad to lend some of my collection to your videos!

Comment

Relisted ($4.99 starting bid) on ebay
      Century Mark IV Model CR-400 (seems to share movement with already mentioned Emerson R5100A, Sony TFM-C770W\660W) This one is marked October 1975.

Click image for larger version  Name:	century-mark-4-CR-400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.0 KB ID:	18737
      Last edited by RetroFlip; March 2, 2021, 02:34 PM. Reason: It was relisted on ebay.

Comment

I'm so inlove with the blacklight flip clocks and radios. I almost have all of them except the Sony TFM-C660, Copal LP-248, SONY TFM-C620W, Emerson R5100A, Ken-Tech Model T-430 and Century Mark IV Model CR-400.

I really want the Copal LP-248 and I almost bought one. But after seeing that it missed the front glass and the seller didn't budge on the price I backed out. I also been looking for the Ken-Tech Model T-430 but never found a good one.

This is a NOS Copal 231L and it doesn't look as purple and bright in real life. I love the original blacklight the best and nothing can beat it looking period correct in my opinion. The led doesn't look period correct as I love restoring things back to it's former glory. But I'm very glad that the led exist so we can get them back looking very cool again atleast. The led conversion that I done to other flip clocks is much brighter then the 231L is originally. I do like more brightness but the original 231L looks very good too. I'm a very fortunate person that managed to find 4 NOS blacklight flip clocks that actually work as originally intended.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_1435.JPG.png Views:	0 Size:	813.0 KB ID:	18809

I also started collecting blacklight posters from the 70's. I'm using the old school fluorescent blacklight tubes which I think gives the correct retro look and light output. This is 2 of the 4 poster that I own. The scull is next to my bed so I can see it clearly. Me and my girlfriend jokes about it and say that I keep it there to give me nightmares. I'm allowed to keep that scull in the bedroom as it was my girlfriend who really wanted me to buy it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_3664 (1).JPG.png Views:	0 Size:	951.8 KB ID:	18808 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_3663 (1).JPG.png Views:	0 Size:	886.8 KB ID:	18807

Comment

Man that is awesome. In working with these black light clocks and doing the research for the video, I almost wanted to get a poster! As a kid I remember my cool (rich) friend had a brother whose room was all decked out in black light. Somehow, I don't think I'm going to be able to talk my wife into this one.
          Thanks for the memories!
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Here's another one on ebay currently here
            JC Penny Model 3767, Black Light Clock Radio

Click image for larger version

Name:	jc-penny-model-3767.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	22890
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice one, seems to have been derived from the Sony one.

Comment

Tradition Sears Roebuck Model 7131
                Essentially this is a Ken Tech T-430 with slightly different colors
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20221107_041025_HDR.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	920.8 KB
ID:	26608

Comment

Working...
                X