Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All American Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ingraham flip clock by the McGraw-Edison Company, must be considered the great, all American flip clock. Not only was it one of the few, all American made flip clocks, on this one clock we find represented the names of three great Americans: Elias Ingraham, Thomas A. Edison and Max McGraw. While most will have some recollection of Thomas Edison, as time has passed, the other names have become somewhat obscure. We hope to fix this during this discussion and explain their connection.

See the Full Article for a Detailed History and more information.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

More stuff about this clock ...

Advertisement from Chillicothe Gazette Tue Nov 21, 1978 and a side view of the box.

Adjusted for inflation, $9.98 in 1978 is equal to $41.30 in 2020.
    According to the dollartimes.c om

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

That has a really nice mid-century vibe to it. It's a beautiful machine.

Comment

The one that I have is a little bit different although layout-wise, the same. I found it ridiculously large on the inside, almost half of the space inside is just dead space, not really needed.

Comment

Beautiful clock sir! Interesting that the mechanism is oriented on the right side, while most clocks are oriented either on the left or right in the center. I wonder what the decision process on that was; or rather, was it just an aesthetic choice, or was there an engineering benefit to having it on the right?

Thanks again for your continued efforts to keep the legacy of these clocks going!

Comment

Working...
          X