Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on your desk / nightstand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on your desk / nightstand?

Just thought I'd start a fun thread about what clocks are on our nightstands or desks that we rely on daily to wake up. My TFM-C650W is currently my alarm clock as it has a nice snooze bar and a really good sounding radio. Please share!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0959.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	15340
    Last edited by cyb3rbyte; December 22, 2020, 08:38 PM.

1974 Panasonic RC-7462

Name:	7462.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	15336
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      sweet!

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
    1974 Panasonic RC-7462

Comment

Just my boring little Copal Caslon 701.

Name:	7A9F8CE3-420A-44F4-8A6D-A9A4FBEF4398.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	15344
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

• cyb3rbyte
        cyb3rbyte commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my Caslon 701 bedside for a bit as well. I used the green numbers for PM.

TFM-C620W

The black light makes its so easy to read in the dark

Comment

I was thinking about something similar recently, since I moved to a new house, I do not have bed stand yet, so for now it's my phone laying on the floor, waking me. Have not made up my mind yet for when I do get a night stand.

Copal model 703 is one of my favorite Copals, but I do have an abundance of the model 707 at the moment which is also cool, however, this is a dastardly engineered alarmclock for the switch to turn the alarm off is at the bottom it's hard to operate as well, the switch, that is. Surely this was some Japanese dude who was leaving the company anyway and figured he might have a laugh? It adds to the sleek design of the clock, but practical?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
          Just my boring little Copal Caslon 701.

Name:	7A9F8CE3-420A-44F4-8A6D-A9A4FBEF4398.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	15344
          Nothing boring about it, basically a 703 with a different look.

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post

Nothing boring about it, basically a 703 with a different look.
            Yea, I have a soft spot for the simple Copals. Especially the Caslons. I like this one because as cyb3rbyte indicated (and as you know), there are 12 of the number that are of different colors. It's cool because you can choose for them to be AM or PM.

Comment

Magnavox tower on the left, 227 on the right. I keep about 14 in a rotation once each month. so I can enjoy each one as they were ment to be. also my first love is model building. anatomical models car models and so on.

Name:	bed1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	15438 Click image for larger version

Name:	bed2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	15439 Click image for larger version

Name:	telefunken.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	15441
              oops to close to heater, sill works!
              Attached Files

Comment

The telefuken got a little too funky! Liking this thread so far!

Comment

Due to my current living situation, the Asanuma Copal is camped out on my little work bench. It keeps good time.

Name:	94b8d44fc138da2f1a6bc13282b669ca.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	15704

Once I have a proper house (hopefully soon!) I'll have plenty to choose from for all over the place.

Name:	4111ba61061c555a2d1cd95fb15625b4.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	15705

Comment

I like your collection there. Very eclectic. But that Asanuma Copal .... it's creeping me out. It's like it's watching me ... always watching .... always.
                    But seriously. I do like that. It's not a big as I thought.
                    And that Computer!! Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
                      I like your collection there. Very eclectic. But that Asanuma Copal .... it's creeping me out. It's like it's watching me ... always watching .... always.
                      But seriously. I do like that. It's not a big as I thought.
                      And that Computer!! Awesome.
                      Thanks! It's composed of whatever I found locally, and a few good deals on eBay- pretty much everything was an impulse buy at some point. About half of them still need work to get them back to really good working order, and I'm looking forward to doing that this summer if all goes to plan. As for the Asanuma, it's a deceptive little thing- it genuinely does look like it's pretty durably made, when in fact it's made entirely of plastic and has almost no weight to it at all. I'm sure the photography shops and camera dealers that had these back in the day were thrilled with them though.

I'm working on the C64 right now to troubleshoot this joystick somebody threw away. I think it's got a broken wire in the cord, as only "some" of the pins are registering, but I'm willing to try most everything else first before I have to go about replacing a whole cord. I'm confident it can be fixed though, it rather goes without saying, retro tech holds up pretty good!

Comment

As said, I do not currently have a night stand, however, I did find my bedside companion last week. I recently purchased a yellow (my favorite colour) Copal model 707. I have had several reds before and also a white one, but not a yellow one. Once I got it in and gave it a bit of a polish, its fate was sealed . This one is not going anywhere but by my bedside as soon as I have a stand for it. It will need the usual restoration but everything seems to be working.

On my desk, currently is an orange Copal model T7, the 2nd I have in my posession ever and the first complete one and in orange. It is for sale, but I will have a hard time letting this one go for it is v-e-r-y cool!

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
                          On my desk, currently is an orange Copal model T7, the 2nd I have in my posession ever and the first complete one and in orange. It is for sale, but I will have a hard time letting this one go for it is v-e-r-y cool!
                          I LOVE that T7. If it needs a home, let me know. I’ll have to find the listing for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X