Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help in Identifying Unknown Vintage Flip Calendar/Clock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in Identifying Unknown Vintage Flip Calendar/Clock?

I came across this unusual flip clock in an antique store. On the base it's marked with the crossed arrows logo of H.A.C. (Hamburg American Corporation) which dates it to pre-1939. They said it is AF so I didn't want to play with the mechanism in case I damaged it, but it appears to have the standard controls of a windup clock.

Can anyone tell me anything about it or how this mechanism works? Is it worth adding to my collection? Much appreciated!

Update: Just found out that this is a Plato clock and that there is a whole article about these in this forum! Doh.

Originally posted by MuzzaL View Post

Update: Just found out that this is a Plato clock and that there is a whole article about these in this forum! Doh.
    That's funny.. Yeah I know a little about these. My video about them is my Opus Magnus

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

• MuzzaL
      MuzzaL commented
      Editing a comment
      Have now read your article and viewed your video on the plato clocks. They were a great help in understanding this obscure topic - thanks - it must have given you a lot of satisfaction unravelling the story! Looks like plato clocks are now beginning to get the recognition they deserve.

In terms of value, where do the early German ones like the HAC I'm looking at buying sit relative to the Ansonia ones?
Working...
X