Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noisy Cosmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy Cosmo

Hello everyone! I recently bought a really nice Cosmo flip clock that works perfectly, but has started making this loud noise, and has a vibration as well... it still keeps perfect time but the noise has to go!
    Is this something that can be easily fixed or should I leave it up to the professionals?
    Thanks for all advice.

Hi Alan, I don't know this brand, do you have a model number so we know what it looks like?

Can you open up the clock and post a few pictures showing the motor and mechanism?

Comment

Not sure why the pictures rotated?
      *update* I unplugged the clock last night because it was just too loud to deal with... plugged it back in this morning and it was quiet... so I’m thinking either the motor is on its way out or something needs grease?

Comment

Sounds promising, but unless someone else knows what's inside the clock you will need to post photos of the motor and mechanism so we know what we're dealing with.

You can practise posting photos if you like down in the Testing Area: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...t-site-problem

Comment

Working...
        X