Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Copal/Caslon 101 on ebay.com for relatively little money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Copal/Caslon 101 on ebay.com for relatively little money

I was considering to put in a bid until I saw the 'thing' on top of it which could be a deep scratch but could also be a crack and that is just too much for me. I have only one spare case for a 101 and that is also damaged. It could be a nice acceptable risk for someone in the US or perhaps for parts.
    <p>*PARTS* Vintage Copal Caslon 101 Black 12 Hour Flip Clock Japan Retro Atomic. </p><br /><p>For parts only </p><br />

I offered the seller $40 a few days ago….didn’t take it. It looked like the number flaps may be broken and who know what else. I don’t have any spare white flaps. It could be nice all cleaned up.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that the weird thing on ebay is that sometimes people will turn on the 'make an offer' option and expect people to put in a higher offer than the starting price of the listing. I've had responses from sellers coming up with a higher price than the initial starting bid. I don't really get that, but that is perhaps from a buyer perspective that I don't get it. Some sellers expect that function to be used for people wanting it so much they will put in a 75 USD bid for example on this clock, they will accept and that's that done and dusted.

Comment

Originally posted by flipoclock View Post
        Yeah, I've noticed that the weird thing on ebay is that sometimes people will turn on the 'make an offer' option and expect people to put in a higher offer than the starting price of the listing. I've had responses from sellers coming up with a higher price than the initial starting bid. I don't really get that, but that is perhaps from a buyer perspective that I don't get it. Some sellers expect that function to be used for people wanting it so much they will put in a 75 USD bid for example on this clock, they will accept and that's that done and dusted.
        I've encountered the same with the use of make an offer on buy it nows. I tend to look through their sell history and see if they regularly accept offers, if not I won't bother. Looking at ebay documentation it seems to be phrased as a way to get a bargain for the buyer.

Comment

Well someone got it... not me. I was looking at it like you guys, put in the offers etc. I'd buy it all day long at $40. But it's gone. Already got one that color but it never hurts to have parts.
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

• flipoclock
            flipoclock commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly, parts are always welcome and also 101's do not come by very often.
        Working...
        X