Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Copal 602, for parts only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Copal 602, for parts only?

It seems to be missing a knob, but this seems like a deal if someone can get it working again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 9.40.43 PM.png
Views:	146
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	24033

I've seen it indeed but I've overspent for this month already and then there is a large box waiting for me in Japan, waiting to be sent out (after I pay the humongous shipping fee), so I'll pass. It could be a good deal, even if it were just for parts.

If someone needs the missing knob, I can be of assistance

Comment

Haha...same thing here. Bunch of stuff in Japan waiting to ship. I have been moving amplifiers from there, too and those cost A LOT due to the weight

Comment

That is even cheaper than just the knob!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.31.52.png
Views:	103
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	24046

(... and this is the wrong knob btw: the one missing has the left handed thread.)

Comment

that knob is actually rare, the white version of the 602 is very, very rare... I have only owned 2 of them in the past 15 years as opposed to the woodgrain version, I stopped counting those. I'm not saying that it's worth the 15 euros or that it will sell for who in the world would be searching for it, but who knows.

Honestly, if I would find another white 602, I would keep it, it would not be for sale

Comment

Blimey! I recently got hold of a white (yellowed) 602 as part of a lot of three broken clocks. The 602 was easy to fix. Just some lubrication of the motor and replacement of a blackened bulb. It is missing that left hand threaded knob. As a workaround I borrow the knob of a wood grain 602 I also own when I need to set the time.
            My plan is to replicate that knob by moulding using blue stuff and gorilla plastic. First attempts are promising but I haven’t fully mastered the technique yet.

Comment

I ended up snatching this one. It's polishing up well, sourcing the missing knob from flipoclock .

Comment

Working...
              X