Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartus Mantle Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartus Mantle Clock

I spotted this oddball, and thought it too strange to not document here. A Spartus cyclometer (looks like the Westclox/General Time Corp. "film" mechanism) in a really ornate housing. Check it out HERE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	695c16e45b121c28bfba24f2d014e0a7.png
Views:	115
Size:	487.0 KB
ID:	19750

A few more photos for posterity:

Name:	7cf40ef26b02a2d33923bdf6fc5eec85.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	19752

Name:	3f13124a42f69260695f879f1bcd8d93.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	357.3 KB
ID:	19753

Name:	2c6f5f8b9ae50f6b3604ee390c2f08bd.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	19754

Interesting that it has no model number!

Comment

Ugh. I've come to dislike those mechanisms. It's a curious clock though. Thanks for sharing.
      I didn't even know there was a Louisville, Mississippi.

Louisville is a city in Winston County, Mississippi. The population was 6,631 (2010)

Louisville, Kentucky's largest city, sits on the Ohio River along the Indiana border. Every May, its race course Churchill Downs hosts the Kentucky Derby, a renowned horse race whose long history is explored at the Kentucky Derby Museum. Baseball is celebrated at the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, where Major League bats are produced and a giant baseball "slugger" marks the entrance. Population: 617,790 (2019)

Name:	lousiville-fcf_000.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	710.5 KB
ID:	19774

While small by big city standards (Chicago, IL for example has over 2.1 million), it's importance is that it's very close to Flip Clock Fans studios (Well, ... it's important to me). Anyway, Louisville is one of those cities that the locals pronounce in a particular way. You can always well when someone's trying hard, but just can't get it. It's not Louie - Ville, or Lewis-ville ... it's Lou-ah-vull
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

With some gold paint and whatnot, I think you'd an ark of the covenant themed clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
          Ugh. I've come to dislike those mechanisms. It's a curious clock though. Thanks for sharing.
          I didn't even know there was a Louisville, Mississippi.

Louisville is a city in Winston County, Mississippi. The population was 6,631 (2010)

Louisville, Kentucky's largest city, sits on the Ohio River along the Indiana border. Every May, its race course Churchill Downs hosts the Kentucky Derby, a renowned horse race whose long history is explored at the Kentucky Derby Museum. Baseball is celebrated at the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, where Major League bats are produced and a giant baseball "slugger" marks the entrance. Population: 617,790 (2019)

Name:	lousiville-fcf_000.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	710.5 KB
ID:	19774

While small by big city standards (Chicago, IL for example has over 2.1 million), it's importance is that it's very close to Flip Clock Fans studios (Well, ... it's important to me). Anyway, Louisville is one of those cities that the locals pronounce in a particular way. You can always well when someone's trying hard, but just can't get it. It's not Louie - Ville, or Lewis-ville ... it's Lou-ah-vull
          Back in 2015 I drove through Louisville at night, and several months later discovered via mail that there is a toll bridge there. I also found out that the fines for not paying promptly snowball pretty quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Performa View Post

Back in 2015 I drove through Louisville at night, and several months later discovered via mail that there is a toll bridge there. I also found out that the fines for not paying promptly snowball pretty quickly!
            Yeah. It really sucks. You can get a thing to put on your windshield and create an account that significantly decreases the tolls. Plus there's a bridge near by that doesn't have a toll if you know about it you can by-pass the toll bridge. Course, they get all you non-locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post

Yeah. It really sucks. You can get a thing to put on your windshield and create an account that significantly decreases the tolls. Plus there's a bridge near by that doesn't have a toll if you know about it you can by-pass the toll bridge. Course, they get all you non-locals.
              Yeah, I had the big "Go Pack Go!" sticker on the back of the wagon at that time too, pretty easy for them to pick out who to stick the bill to!

Comment

Here's a bit about the real Louisville and it's relation to "Flip Clock Fans Studios"

Comment

Working...
                X