Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for my FIRST flip clock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for my FIRST flip clock!!

Hi guys!

I'm a 22 year old guy who loves antiques and clocks and while I have 4 antique clocks (1 digital and 3 analog) I really want a flip clock for my bedside.

Looking for something in the $60 dollar range, in good shape. Would prefer an alarm but may be okay with not having one (i do have a phone lol).

I really like the bright red copal style ones; just something simple and I don't need a radio. I do have paypal and am motivated to buy!!

Help me out!

Thanks.

Welcome to this handy and nifty forum!

Whereabouts do you live? 110v & 60hz or 220v & 50hz?

I have a lot of 'imperfect' clocks which I deem not nice enough to sell and will eventually be broken for parts, but they might still be nice and very useable (and thus have a friendlier price :-).

Most of my clocks are 220v though, I have some options for a Copal clocks to convert them to 110v.

You can check out the beautiful clocks in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/wwwFlipClocKnl
    You searched for: wwwFlipClocKnl! Discover the unique items that wwwFlipClocKnl creates. At Etsy, we pride ourselves on our global community of sellers. Each Etsy seller helps contribute to a global marketplace of creative goods. By supporting wwwFlipClocKnl, you’re supporting a small business, and, in turn, Etsy!

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
      Welcome to this handy and nifty forum!

Whereabouts do you live? 110v & 60hz or 220v & 50hz?

I have a lot of 'imperfect' clocks which I deem not nice enough to sell and will eventually be broken for parts, but they might still be nice and very useable (and thus have a friendlier price :-).

Most of my clocks are 220v though, I have some options for a Copal clocks to convert them to 110v.

You can check out the beautiful clocks in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/wwwFlipClocKnl
      Thanks for the reply!! I live in the US so I’m not sure what hz I need. I checked out your Etsy page and wow! I’m jealous of your inventory haha. I actually really like that red Seiko a lot too.

The most important things for me are compact, light, and 12 hours time keeping. Alarm is a plus for sure. I just want something simple and reliable as it will be on my bedside table.

Comment

Also I would like something hard wired with a plug rather than run by a battery

Comment

Keep an eye on my shop... A nice 110v, 12 hours, hard wired flip clock might pop up.

You would be able to find one on ebay for a nice price, but that would be gamble, you never know what you will get :-)

Comment

Keep an eye on my shop... A nice 110v, 12 hours, hard wired flip clock might pop up.

You would be able to find one on ebay for a nice price, but that would be gamble, you never know what you will get :-)
            Well I like both of the Seiko ones you have...would you be flexible on price knowing it would be my first?

Comment

I think Copal 227s are good little starter clocks, they have an alarm but are fairly small. You might be able to find one in red on ebay in that price range if you watch new listing regularly.

Comment

wdrach, if you are talking about the 2 Seikos listed for 85 euros... Since you have found me through the forum, there is a bit of play in the price somewhere in the region of 10/12%. No play in the shipping though, there is no room there :-)

Comment

wdrach, if you are talking about the 2 Seikos listed for 85 euros... Since you have found me through the forum, there is a bit of play in the price somewhere in the region of 10/12%. No play in the shipping though, there is no room there :-)
                  Been looking at your shop and you got some great clocks! I want quite a few of them but only have the space for one as of right now. The three I'm most interested in the most are the Citizen Battery operated one, the red Seiko and the Yellow Seiko. I wish I had a bigger budget but this is my first, and I'm sure I'll be back to buy some more to put around the house. Would you be able to do $90 including shipping on any of those? I'd love to have one!

Comment

Cost price of shipping alone is 25 euros... I will send you a personal message

Comment

Working...
                    X