Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solari udine type horizontal flipping clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solari udine type horizontal flipping clocks

Hi

Are there any replica (modern in this context is OK) or more common vintage flip clocks inspired by the horizontal flipping udine that anybody is aware of? I saw that beautiful mechanical Japanese example on this forum and was seriously impressed by the sound of those side flipping numbers.

The price of those side flipping clocks are insane, so I've accepted that replica or "inspired by" is my only choice. I've searched the usual places without much luck (ebay, Yahoo auction, aliexpress even for a modern replica type flip clock).

Thanks.

There are modern built flip clocks out there, you can find them on amazon or ebay and probably more sites out there. Prices do vary though. You can buy one for little money or spend a lot more. Not necessarily is the more expensive one the better one. None of these are mains powered so they are all relatively lightly built, they will not give you the sound you are looking for, not if you are comparing it to that beautiful Japanese flip clock featured on here awhile ago in any case.

Depending on your budget, I might be able to assist, I have many flip clocks that still need a restoration (and I also do restorations if needed), just send me a message.

Comment

Thanks. I've seen some of those modern pendulum flip clocks but nothing with horizontal flipping. But OK, bugger, I was hoping to get that beefy sound like in the Japanese clock.

Comment

I get what you mean with that beefy sound, my dog hates it, but I love it as well. You need really thick, big, plastic flaps and I have even seen one clock with metal flaps, that was some sound...

Comment

Working...
        X