Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted GE General Electric 7-4305 with "rolling" numbers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted GE General Electric 7-4305 with "rolling" numbers...

...in nice shape and in good working (clock, light, radio) order. Most of the ones on Ebay either are broken, or the sellers charge absolutely ludicrous prices & shipping charges.
    I actually have one that works, but the plastic station indicator slipped off the string, or the string is broken. I'm too dumb to attempt to fix it myself!
    Thanks!

I have a diagram that shows how to re-string the GE 7-4305B if that helps?

Click image for larger version

Name:	GE 7-4305B dial cord stringing.png
Views:	388
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	11332

Comment

Thanks for that, I'm just wondering how easy the access to the pointer is. I haven't opened it up to see if it just somehow popped off the string or if the string itself is broken.

Comment

• davidm
        davidm commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have any GE clocks, but with most clock radios it's usually just a matter of undoing a few philips screws from underneath.
        If you search GE 7-4305 you might find more instructions.

Edit: Looks like you need a 3/16" nut driver: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...5-nut-measures

Interesting I don't see the tuning knob depicted where I'd expect there to be multiple turns and notation of that. Could it be controlled from the tuning drum? I would think the sensitivity of the cord around the large drum would be too great. But if so, this would be a first I've seen, though I'm just beginning to delve into restorations.

Comment

Originally posted by GERCAfan View Post
        I'm just wondering how easy the access to the pointer is.
        Mackey's video here might help with that question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

These screen shots from the video give another view of the dial cord stringing:

Click image for larger version  Name:	GE 7-4305 interior 2.png Views:	2 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	11344 Click image for larger version  Name:	GE 7-4305 interior 3.png Views:	2 Size:	971.0 KB ID:	11345

PS If you've got a small socket set the 3/16" socket might do the job if the 2 bolt heads aren't recessed too deeply.
        Last edited by davidm; March 29, 2020, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X