Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kikkerland flip clock broken tiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kikkerland flip clock broken tiles

Hi. I have a Kikkerland flip clock which my father bought me in the 90’s. I have 6 broken tiles. Any suggestions on where I can get new ones or a way to fix them?

Thanks!

Pictures of how they're broken, what they look like and what your clock looks like would help.
    Thanks for joining the forum by the way.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Hi. Thanks! Pictures attached. Hadn’t actually noticed you could add these....

Comment

The little tabs have snapped off one side of each tile so trying to work out if I can fix them or whether there are spares out there somewhere!

Comment

Most likely no one is going to have spares. That's a modern flipper. People have glued small bits of things to make the tabs. Superglue works but it needs to cure 24 hours and it has the potential to make your tile look really sloppy. Once you get superglue on them you'll never get it back the way it was. I have built up tabs using superglue and baking soda. It's a slow process but it's worked for me. Others haven't had as much luck, but I'm not sure why. Here's a video about the process.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

It is indeed a process of trial and error. I have luck with the baking soda and glue once or twice, but it did not work for me on more occassions :-)

I recent repaired a large flipper with a thinnish sheet of plastic where I cut out the part that was broken off. Not my prettiest repair ever, but it works and afterwards I went over it with a black permanent marker and now you hardly see it when it is in place, certainly not when you do not know it is there.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X