Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking Eaton MII-392

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking Eaton MII-392

Here are some photos of a clock I found this past week at a thrift store near me. The clock was not working (although the radio did) so I had a hunch there was a chance it could be fixed, I happily paid the $10 Canadian they were asking. After opening up the cabinet and removing the clock and radio I visually inspected the the circuits and boards looking for obvious signs of damage/burning/letting the smoke out etc. Finding none I had no choice but to turn to the internet, that's how I landed here.

After poking around here and watching some youtube videos I came to the conclusion that the motor was probably gummed up and needed an isopropanol bath. Gave her a soak and some spins and before you know it she was spinning again on her own! I put everything back together and now have a great nostalgic clock radio to wake up to. Thanks to everyone here for sharing your knowledge, here are a few pictures of the clock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_160047.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	9602Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_160305.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	9608
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_160636.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	9604 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191027_203439.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	9606
    Attached Files

Very nice clock! Also nice to see the 'gut' of the clock and very glad that you got it running again!

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures and your experience with this model.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X