Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My collection now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My collection now...

So, I've been out for a spell, and I've had to move my collection around again for the 3rd time this season, but while I've lost a corner of my living room, I should be set for the winter. Maybe. Hopefully.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5de58dbf694281a670fd6f21425c33b2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	9486

So, as it so happens, I've only got 2 "real" flipclocks- the Panasonic (which I just pulled the front off of to measure for somebody here), and the square GE- the rest are all cyclometers of some variation. Oh, and whatever that RCA clock in the middle counts as. It's a weird one- it's got a plastic "film" inside that feeds through. I've got video of it where I've got it pulled apart, I'll post that once it's edited.

Hoping to get a better "display" worked out where I can get them all set up and looking good; I'm open to suggestions on that front too.

Nice collection! Did you recently get the green faced "tradition" clock from ebay? I was going to big on that one but forgot about it. I'd love to see the inside of that one if you get a chance to take some "under the hood" pictures!

Comment

I actually like that sony on the far left. It's got a nice retro vibe.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Oof, you've got some nice clocks there! I like the one that says 'ten 40'.... I've seen them on ebay every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Towmater View Post
          Nice collection! Did you recently get the green faced "tradition" clock from ebay? I was going to big on that one but forgot about it. I'd love to see the inside of that one if you get a chance to take some "under the hood" pictures!
          I did actually, that's one of the more recent I grabbed. I've got video of the disassembly and interior, and I'm happy to take pics of anything you might want to see. I've spotted a couple more like it on eBay looking for other "Tradition" clocks (they have some weird shapes for them, which I kinda dig) and it seems like there were more of them in blue than green. Good luck grabbing one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
            I actually like that sony on the far left. It's got a nice retro vibe.
            Thanks! It's a 7FD-89W, from sometime in the late 1970's as far as I've been able to trace it. It definitely has the look of a more sophisticated piece of technology, despite the tiny clock face on it. In a kinda funny twist, that's the only clock out of the set that's running, and I gotta say it keeps really good time.

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
              Oof, you've got some nice clocks there! I like the one that says 'ten 40'.... I've seen them on ebay every now and then.
              The Westclox "Speed Read" is a weird one. The blend of text and numbers is (somehow) supposed to let you tell time "faster" which seems like a pretty wild claim, even back when it was new. The mechanism inside is the same as most cyclometers- mechanically speaking, it's eerily similar to the Numechron clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Performa View Post

The Westclox "Speed Read" is a weird one. The blend of text and numbers is (somehow) supposed to let you tell time "faster" which seems like a pretty wild claim, even back when it was new. The mechanism inside is the same as most cyclometers- mechanically speaking, it's eerily similar to the Numechron clock.
                Yeah, I had to get one of those for my display because it's so different. People always make a note of it when they see my clocks.
                ~ Mackey Site Administrator
                If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
                If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Nice collection!

Comment

Working...
                  X