Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few from Germany

Hi guys, I might as well post a few photos of my collection... :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	telefunken_digitale.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	9326
    Telefunken digitale 101, 1970 - 1974, I think. I love this one religiously. It's rather huge, it was marketed as an "office clock" for a whopping $110 back then. Its condition is great, the clock works just fine, and the radio is maybe the best I ever heard.

Name:	saba_rc11_siemens_alpha.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	9327
    Saba RC11 and Siemens alpha. Both have issues, unfortunately. They're quite noisy, there are quite some scratches and cracks on the cases, and the hour tiles of the Siemens are stuck sometimes. No biggie, because...

Name:	siemens_alpha.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	9328
    ...I have another one that's working perfectly. :-) I'd prefer the orange case, tho.

Name:	exclusiv_automatic.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	9329
    This was the first flip clock I bought. It's a generic clock radio from "Quelle", a now defunct mail-order firm that wasn't exactly known for its high-quality products. The digits for the minute display are separate, but it doesn't work to well - the tiles are stuck quite frequently, and the radio reception is really bad.

Name:	intel.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	9330
    If you think this one looks familiar, you're right - it's exactly the same model Friendly Scientist posted, but his one is from JCPenney. :-) Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all, the neon bulb is lit, but neither the motor nor the radio work. I guess it's the power supply, I'll look into it.

Widdy.
    Attached Files

Very nice collection! I particularly like the Saba and the Siemens... both very good looking units!

Comment

Good stuff Widdy_NCE . Thanks for sharing!
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks! :-)
        I got them all on flea markets btw, much cheaper than ebay. Looks like flip clocks were really common here (which is strange, I only remember seeing ONE in the wild in the 70ies), so I usually find at least one every time I go there.

The Saba WOULD be great, but its condition really isn't. I hope I'll find another one.

Widdy.

Comment

Name:	rsz_20190919_081732.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	9356
          Here's another generic one I found 2 weeks ago, it's working perfectly and my girlfriend is using it as her alarm clock now.

Widdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Widdy_NCE View Post
            Click image for larger version  Name:	rsz_20190919_081732.jpg Views:	13 Size:	234.3 KB ID:	9356
            Here's another generic one I found 2 weeks ago, it's working perfectly and my girlfriend is using it as her alarm clock now.

Widdy.
            Wow, that's a nice one! Looks a lot like the white Soundesign (and woodgrain Conic) I have!

Somehow the generic flip clocks seem to work the best. I'm assuming you never had to take yours apart for repair purposes?
            Anyways, I love the design of the Vanica logo on the center, looks clean!
            "Stupid is as Stupid Does"- Forrest Gump

Comment

I took one or two apart, but I didn't do anything except for some cleaning. Going to (try to) fix the Intel clock soonish.

Widdy,

Comment

Working...
              X