Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groundhog Day clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groundhog Day clock

After almost a year of buying, selling, restoring and collecting I finally found a Groundhog Day clock in the budget. I saw it pop up on eBay for $79 and offered the guy $65 and he took it. The case was yellowed and it was very dirty, but a great restoration project. I had a spare RC-6030 to use for parts in case something needed replacing. The case whitened up nice using the “volume 40” and left outside for two days in the sun.

That cleaned up very nice! It's not one of my personal favourites, but it looks nice!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumblejeff View Post
        The case whitened up nice using the “volume 40” and left outside for two days in the sun.
        That looks schmick, but what is this magic "volume 40" that you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post

That looks schmick, but what is this magic "volume 40" that you speak of?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	developer.PNG
Views:	147
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	10034

Sorry no one got back to you, I'm sure you've probably figured by now. But Volume 40 refers to 40 Volume Creme Developer that is use in bleaching or coloring hair. It's the peroxide in the stuff that does the trick.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
            It's the peroxide in the stuff that does the trick.
            Thanks for the tip, I googled it and I've been using Volume 40 for the past week.

Now all my wounds have healed and I have white teeth, clean mirrors, shower tiles, and toilet .

My acne, boils, canker, foot fungus, colds, toothaches, sinus, yeast and ear infections are completely cured.

I love how the blood and sweat stains have vanished, along with the dustmites and the yellowing on my flipclock cases

Comment

As one of my buddies in high school would have said .... "you crazy, man."
              ~ Mackey Site Administrator
              If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
              If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
                As one of my buddies in high school would have said .... "you crazy, man.
                Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment, actually I lied about the flip clocks.

Comment

Working...
                X