Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

old boy made good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old boy made good...

This is my eBay cheapy my latest project apparently this was used by the guys father guys for 30 years. Just a sneak preview will send more photos of restoration as I finish.and tell you more about it

these are all the the before shots it must of been a garage radio for a while it had plaster in the earphone jack and the top was a little bowed upward so far it taken about 16 hours to renew ..tiny bit to do then i will show you the money shots .(fixing the wood grain near the tuning dial has been a nightmare)but the harder the better for me

Comment

the first thing was to get that sucker open and get out all the dust bunnies and give the circuit board a good clean because of years of dust and dirt .with a circuit board cleaner ..good old soap and water on the case

Comment

second thing was too replace that light ......now lets attack that misty screen with plastic polish and some elbow grease .....next tackle that well worn area around tuning knob ...next tuning indicator bleached by the sun new neon paint for that one.....a few more things crackly vol knob fixed with circuit board cleaner .....and a full plastic polish of the outside case

Comment

(side note) this sucker got one hell of a good radio , it picks up stations in areas of my house witch no other radio in my collection can.

Comment

the end result

Comment

Working...
            X