Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endura Cordless Digital Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endura Cordless Digital Flip Clock

Behold "The first cordless Digital Clock in the world."**

I just got this from a eBay seller. It is my first battery powered flip clock.
    Marketed by Endura Time Corp, I couldn't find much info on them. The clock is marked Japan, and the electric motor is labeled "Tokyo Clock."
    There is no date coding like found on Copals, so I am unsure of the year.
    It ticks rather loudly, and has no alarm, so it is probably intended to be a desk clock. My guess is it was a gift to travel agents from Pan Am.
    Came with part of its original packaging and appears to have been hardly used. I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised when I popped the battery in, pulled the knob and it started ticking. It is a mechanical escapement clock mechanism that uses a little electric motor to wind the spring approximately every 5 minutes. It uses one "Flashlight Battery" or what we now call a D cell.

Jeremy

**Manufacturers claim.

You are one lucky man. I was going to bid on that and if you did still get it, you would have paid much more than you did! I just got caught up in some issues and couldn't get to my eBay app. Even so, I'm very happy that you got it!
    Congratulations!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks for missing out!
      I bid when it was first listed and never increased my bid, I won it for $1 less than my max bid!
      Very happy with the clock, has kept perfect time over 24 hours. It has a little "Fast-Slow" adjustment screw so obviously it is not a accurate as a plug in clock.

Its a really good looking clock, very Mad Men mid-century modern. With better marketing this thing would sell for twice what I paid for it!

Jeremy

Comment

Well, when you get tired of it let me know.
        I've got clocks to trade and stuff. And money too.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

The information card

Comment

Working...
          X