Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Collection Of Flip Clock Radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Collection Of Flip Clock Radios

Hey I recently found this hobby (March) and I have collected some projects to fix up. I really like the Black Lighted stuff but the Panasonic RC-7469 is just so beutiful.

I have collected 6 flip clock radios and 2 cyclometer radios so far

Flip Clock Radios:
    1. Panasonic RC-7469
    2. Panasonic RC-707B (6551)
    3. Panasonic RC-707S (6551)
    4. General Electric 7-4333 (C4333D)
    5. General Electric 7-4333 (C4333D) Waiting for this one to get delivered
    6. General Electric C-4331B

Cyclometer Radios:
    2 Sony TFM-C770W
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2381.JPG
Views:	778
Size:	778.7 KB
ID:	6129Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2384.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	6127Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2382.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	6128Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2333.JPG
Views:	601
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	6126

Hi The Swede,

I love your collection of clocks!

I particularly love your night photos. Your ultra violet displays look amazing at night. Very warming.

Comment

Thanks Twemcopal

I´m gonna try to post some pictures on my progress. But for now some more generic pictures.

This is my GE 4331 which was planned as a parts clock to my 7-4333 since it doesn't have any motor. But when I started to take the 4331 apart I noticed that it was a good clock radio with only some small binding in the mechanism and someone had oiled the minute flip tile to try to fix the binding(my guess). I removed the screw to the motor and the binding went away. Put everything together after I cleaned every exterior parts up. Did not find why it "binds" but the clock flips now but it is still hard to adjust the time. After it cleaned up well, lights up and everthing works I kind of like it now

Before:

Name:	DSC_2355.JPG
Views:	619
Size:	693.1 KB
ID:	6133 After:

Name:	DSC_2379.JPG
Views:	531
Size:	538.4 KB
ID:	6136Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2378.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	6134Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2380.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	6135

Comment

This is the Japanese Black Lighted version of the Panasonic RC-6551 named RC-707S.

I bought it from Japan in a hurry after finding it for a low price in a Japanese auction site. It is in pretty rough shape but I think I´m going to fix it up to something more decent

Name:	DSC_2383.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	6139 It does not light up well but going to fix it with some UV leds. Have 395nm UV leds which light it up good but to much purple for my liking so I have order some 365-370nm leds to see if it looks better. In the picture the camera overexpose the UV light you can barely see it in real life.

Name:	DSC_2382.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	6138

Comment

Originally posted by The Swede View Post
          This is the Japanese Black Lighted version of the Panasonic RC-6551 named RC-707S.

I bought it from Japan in a hurry after finding it for a low price in a Japanese auction site. It is in pretty rough shape but I think I´m going to fix it up to something more decent
          I got my RC-707S the same way, I'm fond of the black light on this model.

Comment

Which wavelength of UV have you found to be the nicest looking, and any ideas what wavelength the originals were if you were to try and match those?

Given some of the UV bulbs are used to sterilise things, is there any need to be concerned about the light leaking from the displays on these, or is the screen a good enough filter?

Comment

Originally posted by RetroFlip View Post

I got my RC-707S the same way, I'm fond of the black light on this model.
              I saw yours and it looks way better than mine. I'm super jealous I agree that the black light really takes this model to a new level

Comment

Originally posted by EdBert View Post
                Which wavelength of UV have you found to be the nicest looking, and any ideas what wavelength the originals were if you were to try and match those?

Given some of the UV bulbs are used to sterilise things, is there any need to be concerned about the light leaking from the displays on these, or is the screen a good enough filter?
                Today I got my 365-370 nm leds in the mail and I was doing a comparison to answer this question for my self which wavelength UV to use to mimick the original. I also have the 395-400 nm leds and those are very purple but illuminate the tiles in a good looking way but I think they "leaking" too much purple compared to the original UV light. Going to order the 385 nm since the 365-370 nm have more of a blue/purple light bleed but they illuminate the tiles more clearly and brighter. Hope that the 385 will be best of both. Going to post my result later on.

Comment

Great. I'll need to replace the blacklight on another Panasonic soon so your research will help me pick the right wavelength to get best glow from the tiles.

Comment

Working...
                  X