Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Thomas Speed Read Cube Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seth Thomas Speed Read Cube Lite

I've been wanting one of these yellow Seth Thomas cube clocks for some time and was fortunate enough to make an offer on one on eBay recently. The clock showed up in great condition. Of course I had to take it apart and unfortunately took a small gear off (that I thought was holding the clock adjustment knob in place - but was holding the mechanism together). Oh well - eventually I got it back in working order (but don't do that).

It's a nice addition to my flip clock display with it's bright yellow color and square cabinet and circular face.

It's lit by a neon glow bulb from the top. Interestingly, it has one of those sealed motor mechanisms like the Panasonic RC-6530. Not real happy about this, but what are you going to do (the Panasonic RC-6530 motor is known for complete failure). We can hope that this one won't fail me, although I do recall a member making a post about this very variety of clock without a working motor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2334.jpg Views:	2 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	5568Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2337.jpg Views:	2 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	5566Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2339.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	5567Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2344.jpg Views:	2 Size:	112.3 KB ID:	5569

For more pictures and details about the clock see the article
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Makes for a good display clock, the colors I know of are the yellow, blue, wood grain and white.

Comment

That's what I've been able to discover. The clock came in 4 colors identified on the name plate with a corresponding catalogue number: Blue (854), white (855), wood grain (856) and yellow (857).

Comment

That's a cool looking clock! Glad you have obtained one.

Comment

I love this design and have a yellow and a wood grained one. They are very easy to disassemble and to repair. Both of mine look new but came with a burned out light.

Comment

Just completed a video of clock disassembly

Comment

Working...
            X